Sunday, October 04, 2009

Projects

At last I've finished the blue cardigan that I started in April.... I haven't been working on it everyday, but I have been hitting some technical hitches and needed help from mum to get me back on track which takes time. I'm really pleased with the way its turned out, there's a pretty picot edge on the sleeves and on the bottom, and a moss stitch border. Although it's short sleeved I think it will be fine all year around layered up with some long sleeve tops and blouses.


I have also been working on another knitting project. We have two new babies due to arrive in the family in the next couple of months. One of them, not going to tell which in case the mummies read this, is going to get this blanket to snuggle into. The colours are neutral because we don't know if the little bundle of joy is going to be a boy or a girl. The blanket still needs to be filled with wadding to make it extra cosy and then it will get backed with this really pretty fabric.
Its a very small print of latte coloured flowers on a cream background.

The next project for the other arrival is going to be a very colourful patchwork ball using this lovely array of fabrics I have gathered together:
I'll be dusitng off mum's sewing machine for this one I think. Wish me luck.
The shard beads from the last blog have become a bracelet, very simple but I think I like it. I can't decide if it needs some charm/dangly bits.....

That's all for now. I received another beautiful MiniMojo package from Jolene this week and I'm hoping to get in the workshop in the next few days to get melting more glass.




No comments: