Monday, June 25, 2007

A Difficult Time



  • Well, we have been having a bit of a time it of late. My father-in-law has been seriously ill and on the evening of the 8th June he lost his battle with brain cancer. Words cannot really express the loss that we all feel. He was a wonderful father-in-law to me and brilliant grandad to our girls. My husband has very fond childhood memories and as we look around the house we are reminded of all the help he willingly gave us in completing various DIY projects. Indeed life will not be the same without him.


    Despite the unfolding of events we were encouraged to carry on with our holiday plans so the next day we headed to Devon. We had a lovely break, all things considered, and Ian came up trumps with the accomodation which was a well equipped and very comfortable barn conversion. We had a relaxing time on the beach and sampled many cream teas, clotted cream ice-creams etc..etc...

    Here is a picture of the man I call my husband, brace yourselves for the hunk about to appear before your eyes......


This was taken in a museum in Exeter where we had a great time trying on wigs. This is one of the things I love about my husband, he has a great sense of humor and sense of fun, something that he inherited from his dad. I wish I had a better way with words so that I could capture the raft of emotions that we are going through at the moment. Perhaps I will be able to be more concise in a creative way when things are in better perspective.


No comments: