Monday, March 16, 2009

More Daisy Progress

I thought I would post these daisy beads, I am so proud of them. Again, you will have to excuse the 'bead poo' I wasn't sure if they would survive the kiln and as it happens the little blue dots have fallen off.....(note to self, melt dots in a bit more)



This photo was also an experiment with lighting, camera and also a way to prop up the beads. I won't be using Blu-tack again. However, I do like the background so that might stay.
Its interesting to me how my opinion of my beads, and mum's beads changes. I thought the daisy beads in my previous post were quite good when I made them but now they have been superseded by these beads. When mum made the focal beads in the next photos neither of us was 'sure' about them. They were left in my bead box for quite a while, when I took them out having forgotten they were there they suddenly started to speak to me and this is what they became:
I am still playing around with backgrounds and photo editing but I am pleased with these shots. The colours are 'true' well, on my screen they are.
The daisy beads have now become a pendant, a prototype of one, all will be revealed in the next post.....

No comments: